This week, we're focusing on the best practices for washing our faces. Your skin is precious, and you want it to maintain firmness and moisture at all times. Let's be sure to treat it with care and gentleness.
1. Frequency: We suggest washing your face TWICE a day
- washing in the morning removes any leftover product, sweat, and dead skin naturally sloughed off during the night, so it doesn't clog pores
- washing at night removes make up, toxins from the air and work environment you are exposed to during the day, and helps to continue to slough off dead skin cells.
2. Method: Gentleness is key
- Resist the urge to "scrub" (again, we don't want irritation).
- Use a soft washcloth and gentle circular motions.
- Use lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser of choice.
- Apply cleanser, gently massaging into face, around eyes, neck and jaw line, and then rising.
- Make sure there is no residual film left on the skin. It should feel nice and clean, but not tight and dry.
3. Products: Avoid cleansers that are too harsh or drying
- Never use products containing alcohol, as it strips away the skin's mircobiome, its natural, protective layer.
- Unless you have a gentle cleanser, washing twice a day can be drying. Do not use a cleanser with an exfoliating agent. Too much exfoliation can leave skin raw and vulnerable, which can actually contribute to aging.
I hope we are all going to be a bit gentler with our beautiful faces during our skincare regimen tonight. For more skincare tips, be sure you are following us on Instagram, Facebook, and yes, we have hopped on the TikTok wagon! You can find us at @rechercheorganics. Stop by and say hello!